This is the Prague CoolPass
The Prague CoolPass is a popular City Card for the Czech capital. Originally this product was known as the "Prague Card", but is now called the Prague CoolPass.
With this sightseeing pass you can visit many sights in Prague free of charge and take part in city tours and boat trips.
This is a selection of the most popular attractions:
- Prague Castle incl. St. Vitus Cathedral and Golden Lane
- Jewish quarter incl. synagogues and cemetery
- Staropramen Visitor Centre
- Two-hour city tour by bus
- Boat trips on the Vltava and in Little Venice
Flexible validity: The Prague Cool Pass is valid for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 consecutive calendar days once you activate it. Activation takes place when you use the pass for the first time. This makes the CoolPass more flexible than any other Prague City Card.
Digital use: Download the free Prague CoolPass app and add your digital City Card. In the app you will find information on all attractions, boat trips and city tours. Show your digital pass at the attractions to get your free ticket.
Cost for persons aged 17 and over:
- 55 (1 day)
- 80 (2 days)
- 102 (3 days)
- 106 (4 days)
- 110 (5 days)
- 118 (6 days)
Buy your Prague Cool Pass online today and also download the free app.
Prague Cool Pass: Attractions
The Prague Cool Pass offers more than 50 services that you can use free of charge. These include most of Prague's top attractions. In the table below you can see some important sights. Compare what you would have to pay for these services without CoolPass and with CoolPass:
|Attraction||Price with CoolPass||Price without CoolPass|
|Prague CoolPass: 3 days||91 €||–|
|City tour by bus (2 hours)||0 €||21 €|
|Prague Castle incl. Golden Lane||0 €||11 €|
|Jewish quarter incl. synagogues and cemetery||0 €||23 €|
|Zizkov TV Tower||0 €||12 €|
|Boat trip in Little Venice||0 €||18 €|
|Staropramen Visitor Centre||0 €||11 €|
|National Museum||0 €||11 €|
|Illusion Art Museum||0 €||13 €|
In this example, you save 18 euros with the Prague Cool Pass compared to tickets purchased individually. This is only a small excerpt of the benefits of this City Card. If you visit additional sights, you save more money. The following offers might also be attractive for some visitors:
- Hop-on/hop-off bus (12 Euro discount)
- Charles Bridge Museum
- Mirror maze
- Lobkowicz Palace
- Prague Zoo
- Vyšehrad Cathedral
- Boat Trip with Dinner (25% Discount)
You can visit many of these attractions free of charge with the Prague Cool Pass. For some services you will receive a discount. A complete list you can find here.
All attractions can also be found in the Prague CoolPass app, which you can download free of charge from the Apple Store and Google Store.
These attractions are missing
The Prague CoolPass includes a good selection of Prague attractions. Nevertheless, there are some services missing that we would like to see. The following offers are not included in the scope of services:
- Guided city walks
- Petrin observation tower
- The towers of the Charles Bridge
- City Hall with Astronomical Clock
- Powder Tower
- National Museum of Technology
- DOX Museum
- Public transport
- Hop-on/hop-off bus (there is a discount)
In addition, you will not receive priority entry with the Prague Cool Pass.
Tip: Most of these attractions are included in the Prague Visitor Pass. The official Prague City Card offers some advantages over the Prague CoolPass. Our information on the Prague Visitor Pass.
What we like about the Cool Pass
There are some arguments in favour of the Prague Cool Pass:
- The CoolPass includes a good selection of attractions that you can visit for free. In addition, you can take a city tour by bus and choose from several boat trips.
- The pass is valid for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days. This makes the CoolPass extremely flexible and suitable for short and longer stays in Prague.
- Download the Prague Cool Pass to your phone for convenient use as soon as you arrive in Prague.
- You can use the handy Prague Cool Pass app on your phone. The app contains useful information about all participating attractions (incl. opening hours and addresses).
- Overall, the Prague Cool Pass is a convenient product. With just one purchase, everything is paid for: you hardly need any other tickets. You don't have to pick up the pass in Prague.
What we do not like about the Cool Pass
Nevertheless, there are also some things that we like less about the Cool Pass:
- Prague Cool Pass is relatively expensive. You need to visit many attractions to make the pass worthwhile. In doing so, you only make a small saving.
- Some of Prague's top attractions are missing from the scope of services: for example, the towers of the Charles Bridge, the Petrin Tower, the City Hall with the Astronomical Clock and the National Museum of Technology. There is only a discount for the hop-on/hop-off buses.
- You will not be given priority admission. If you are at an attraction, you must queue at the box office and collect your free ticket.
- You cannot use public transport with this pass.
- You must start sightseeing in the morning, as the duration is billed in calendar days. It would be better to charge in 24-hour units.
Finally, we would like to answer the question of whether it is worth buying the Prague Cool Pass. Important criteria for us are the selection of attractions, the free use of public transport, the flexible validity and value for money.
Prague CoolPass - Rating
The Prague Cool Pass includes a wide range of sights - including some top attractions. The pass is valid for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days. This makes it flexible, but it is charged according to calendar days. It is convenient that you can use the City Card on your phone. The accompanying app is practical and informative. However, the purchase price is quite expensive compared to the services.
FAQ about the Cool Pass
Where can I buy the Prague Cool Pass?
You can buy the Prague Cool Pass from our partner company: GetYourGuide. After purchase, the pass can be imported into the associated app.
How long is the Prague CoolPass valid?
From activation, the Cool Pass is valid for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 consecutive calendar days. You should start sightseeing in the morning to take full advantage of the days available. You activate the pass by using it at the first attraction.
Can I use the Prague Cool Pass on the phone?
Yes, you can use the Prague Cool Pass via the dedicated app on your phone. Simply show the digital QR code when you visit an attraction.
Can I use public transport with the Prague Cool Pass?
No, public transport in Prague is not covered by Cool Pass. If you want to use local transport in Prague, we recommend the Prague Visitor Pass.